Pages

Friday, August 8, 2014

Love before sight - It's a stretch...dream booties

Do you ever imagine something so clearly that only that will do?  In a world full of taupe/grey booties I had this image in my head of the perfect pair and I could not find a pair that came close.  That was until I went in Nordstrom Rack on a whim, and came across this one pair of Vince Camuto booties in size 7.  They were exactly what I'd dreamed...just one problem, they only had that pair, and they were a little tight.  I'm usually somewhere between a 7 and a 7.5 but I did what all rational women do...I bought them on the spot then googled ways to stretch leather.

I think I was successful! We'll see when I'm back hoofing it around NYC this fall, but they feel much better.

Here was my method - hopefully it works because I love these booties too much to admit defeat
1. Mix 3 parts water, to 1 part Rubbing Alcohol.
2. Soak said mixture up with a rag, then heavily dampen the inside of both booties.
3. Put on a couple pairs of socks and stuff feet into booties.  Wear around until the inside dries, and then repeat if necessary. 


Any shoe stretching tips?  Have you ever fallen in love with something before you saw it in person?

No comments:

Post a Comment