Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

Beecher's - (like me) New York via Seattle: The Cellar

From left to right: some sort of tequila, pineapple, bell pepper combo that was delicious ($14), heirloom tomato, mozzarella, basil, black garlic ($16), mac & cheese:kale, mama lils peppers ($17), asparagus: lemon olive oil, walnuts, candied citrus ($13)

I think this picture speaks for itself...doesn't it?  Beecher's New York is kind of a magical place.  I'm a huge fan of dark cozy restaurants in New York where you're often crammed right up against the next table.  This one is billed as a "cellar" complete with wooden tables that look straight from a dude ranch, booths upholstered in hairy cowhide, and very friendly service...great!  It is a little on the pricey side (but what isn't in New York in the Flat-Iron district?), I couldn't help but briefly contemplate over how easily I could make this at home, and how much that would cost...but mmm it's delicious and by the 2nd cocktail you'll be petting the cowhide booths while you talk (trust me).

Bottom line: I'd definitely go again when I'm back off the health kick I'm currently trying to be on, maybe in the fall.  I think it'd be a great hearty fall date spot. Make a reservation on open table, they fill up!


No comments:

Post a Comment