Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

WiFi(ght) it New York?!

Dear New York Cafes,

You are not cheap.  Often you are not clean.  Your service isn't always great, and sometimes your coffee is un-impressively on par with your unimpressive hospitality.  With that said, as someone whose entire job consists of sitting in front of a computer, I often (try) to patronize someone other than your evil-giant step brother whose name rhymes with Cartrucks but time and time again I find myself back in the land of bland coffee and bad music.


Side note: Since when was Starbucks a Forever 21?  YOUR MUSIC IS TOO LOUD, YOU CAN'T HEAR ME TELL YOU NOT TO PUT TWELVE PUMPS OF SYRUP IN MY DRINK or ask you to PLEASE CLEAN YOUR BATHROOM.

But I digress, back to you...the rest of you.  You know who you are, this is 2014.  GET WiFi!  I can understand if you don't want us clogging up your cafe in peak hours taking tables away from other customers. May I suggest "no WiF hours."  I can understand if you don't want me to come in and buy a tea for 1.50 and not move all day. May I suggest a purchase minimum of some sort, or a time limit?  I know this would be difficult to enforce, but I guarantee that most of us that carry our office around in the form of a bulky laptop understand business needs, and would be willing to purchase an extra coffee in order to keep working in your peaceful environs. Please feel free to let me know what other objections you may have to WiFi as I am sure I could come up with some solutions for you.



Delicious pastries, Green Planet water, quiet space to work

Also, I guarantee if you, cool, hip, coffee shop with actually great coffee and mellow cool music had WiFi it would increase your business and steal some from Starbucks.  Is there anything more hipster than hating Starbucks anyway?

I constantly find myself in Manhattan stumbling across what appears to be a nice solid coffee shop, unpacking my laptop expectantly, and realizing there is no WiFi so I am forced to pack up my monster (it is such a big laptop) and trudge down the street looking for another cool not Starbucks cafe with WiFi.  Sometimes I have more time to explore than others, but usually I end up at Starbucks because I can count on their WiFi.  

Bryant Park has WiFi, and it's a PARK! It's not even contained in a building...

If you won't do it for me, do it for your bottom line.  If you don't care about your bottom line than you might be a hipster.  Do it for the hipsters.

Sincerely,


Tired of jumping from cafe to cafe and ending up at Starbucks
anyway

The coffee may taste like chemicals, but at least I know I'll be able to work

No comments:

Post a Comment