Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

P&G Summer Glow Salon


 
Today the first friend I made when I moved to NYC almost a year ago, (aka Guggy) and I hit up Flat Iron Plaza for P&G's free Summer Glow Salon.  It was billed as makeovers but upon arriving we realized you could get your make-up done, your hair braided, OR nails painted, not really a "make over" but who really wants to get a make-over from a stranger?  I did need a manicure though...
 
We opted for braids...did I mention I needed a manicure? I almost instantly wished I'd gone with the other station. My braid was cute but it was just a regular fishtail...my mom was fishtailing it up when I was in elementary school, and I was hoping for something a little more interesting. 
Goodies
The event was well organized but it was sweltering, chosen more for style than function, the clear ceiling-ed tent turned the whole thing into an oven and I quickly downed my fresh juice provided by the Olay hydration bar.  (It was super tasty, but I don't really understand what Olay and juice have to do with one another).  Also, there was one mirrored wall (the "selfie wall") that did not do the oven-esque tent any favors.  Instead of creating a fun place for selfies it made you feel more like an ant under the watchful eye of Sid from Toy Story than the glamor girl Target was going for...it also did something weird to my teeth I think when it reflected.  Anyone seen this (below) episode of Friends?  And like how I'm modeling my braid? LOL I may have missed my calling.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment