Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

When it Rains it Pours



I woke up this morning to this adorable little face.  He indulged me and snuggled for a bit, and then started the stare.  This stare means, get up, I'm tired of snuggling and want to go explore the neighborhood.  Each morning he eventually looks at me with those big muppet-eyes anxious to go re-cover the neighborhood in his urine. Skip ahead about 10 minutes and I'm starring in my own wet t-shirt contest.  It went from barely drizzling and warm to downpour before Humphrey had even covered one side of the block!

Humphrey and I dashed inside, I changed into my second outfit of the day (at 8am) and headed out to meet my friend Sonia for breakfast in the city.  From my apartment it is approximately 5 blocks to the subway.  Today it was 5 blocks and at least 3 urban floods.



I kind of love the sound of rain on an umbrella with the New York street noise in the background.  Thank goodness, and Santa, for Hunter Wellies they got a workout on Friday!

You would think I would have learned my lesson from the first drenching of the day, but later in the afternoon I stepped out of my apartment and felt the thick air.  It was still bright and sunny though, so I estimated I had time to make it 11 blocks before the thick air turned into a massive thunderstorm.

I could see dark clouds forming to the South, but that was to the South.  I was heading North! And then 3 blocks later it was dark, and I was stupidly wearing flip flops and soaked again. Every time I would try to walk faster I would step right out of my slippery leather flip flops that were stretching out with every wet step.  The neighborhood was bursting with new rivers and I found myself wading through ankle deep moving water to cross streets.

I think I wore at least 4 outfits today.  Not only from the rain, but because between the rain and the rain and the pouring rain it was sunny and warm! 

No comments:

Post a Comment