Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Accidental Slurpee

Summer has been sneaking in here and there in Brooklyn but today was definitely a summer day even though the calendar says we have a few more until it's official.  It was the kind of day that made you wish you were still a kid and it was appropriate to run around in your bathing suit all day, made the subway station nearly unbearable, and made fruit seemingly ripen out of nowhere.  It was also the kind of day where I may have consumed more cold desserts than actual food. 

This is what my day looked like, despite the small hitch in timing thanks to subway delays and sweaty run (literally) through disgustingly packed Times Square it was a good day. 

I spent the morning with my favorite Greek then headed back into Brooklyn for a Gelato and splash pad day date with some of my favorite little monkeys.  As I dashed home I accidentally ended up with a slurpee which I slurped while dealing with the suddenly overripe fruit in my kitchen before the ants decided to come back for the party. Oh and there was a sweaty run in flip flops thrown in the mix somewhere there.  I'm sure I'll change my mind by the end of the summer but the great thing about New York summer is the amount of time you have to run here and there.  Also, I feel like I don't need to work out so much when I'm constantly sweating anyway, right...that's how it works?
 



No comments:

Post a Comment