Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

A Christmas Story of Mistaken Dates

You know that scene in "A Christmas Story" when all of the kids are ogling Higgbee's corner window display? It was recreated last night as J and his friend passed this liquor store in the West Village. Stopped them in their tracks and I watched as they nearly smashed their noses to the window. 


We were on our way to see Jimmy Stewart in all his glory in "It's a Wonderful Life" at the IFC center...that was until we got to the theater and picked up our tickets and they were for Thursday the 18th. I even remember double checking dates when I bought them but apparently I was having a lapse in mental clarity then because they don't even start showing it until Friday. 


Thankfully we had also had an amazing Italian dinner with a friend (fresh pasta, bread, wine, dessert...so much gluten...so much goodness) so the evening wasn't a wash. We even had tiramisu! I wish I had pics for you, but we devoured it too quickly. 

So I tried to be a grown up about it and not cry in disappointment, and J and I went to one of our favorite book shops, bookbook before heading home. Tiramisu and books, not exactly the night I had planned but not too shabby when I think about it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment