Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

A Delicate Balance

Last night J and I had a theater night! We went to see an amazing cast (Glenn Close, John Lithgow, the list continues but I'm drawing a blank at the moment) in Edward Albee's "A Delicate Balance" on broadway. They did not disappoint. It was fantastic!


Usually I like to dress up for the theater but last night I decided to go in jeans and a sweater, and boy am I glad I did. 


First of all it was pouring rain (above, at least I wasn't dressed like this guy)  then we left the house with only 6 mins to make it down to the train (if you run you can make it in 2.4 mins...I've learned) and after speed walking for a minute J remembers he never printed the tix. So we go back home to print the tickets (there goes time for dinner) and we realized we'd selected the "hold at box office" option...lol, a comedy of errors. So we sit around for a few minutes then back down to the train. We scarfed a slice of pizza at grand central (which is really a shame because it was too delicious to eat so quickly), and made our way to the theater district. The whole evening was hilarious scene reminiscent of the Home Alone air port scenes.

Btw, I'm rocking job interview nail polish (below)...I hate it. 


Alas, we made it! Climbed to the top of the theater, sat ourselves in the very last row, then used the extra time we saved by running needlessly to pre-order our drinks for intermission. Win!

Here I am ready to save Glenn Close's life if fire should break out (below)


No comments:

Post a Comment