Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pancake Problem

The great pancake problem...how to keep the first ones warm while the last ones cook?



J and I both had the morning free at home so I made snowman pancakes (of course), and it made me think of my poor mom eating last by herself because we were all finished or worse eating that cold first pancake no one wants. Not fair!

Anyone have any tips/tricks?




While we ponder one of life's greatest problems, here's my favorite basic pancake recipe!




Ingredients: 
  • 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 Tbs white sugar
  • 1 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 3 Tbs melted butter
Directions:
  1. Mix all of the dry ingredients together
  2. Add milk, egg, then butter* and mix until smooth (some lumps ok)
  3.  Cook then eat! 
*I add the butter slowly so that it doesn't cook the egg.  No one wants scrambled egg clumps inside their pancake.

1 comment: