Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Happiest Christmas Tree

Santa! Christmas has arrived! 

I'm slightly fanatical about Christmas. I've been preparing J basically since we met about my obsession and then talking about getting a tree since summer. 

My family has always gone to cut one down ourselves. I think there is something special about seeing a tree amongst hundreds of others and deciding it belongs in your family. There is a song, "happiest Christmas tree," that I always think of when choosing a tree. 

I was determined to cut one down but all the determination couldn't compete with plain bad timing. We were going to go Friday after J was done working but then he ran late and the tree farm closed early, and we had a friend taking a train to come over so we didn't have time. I'm kind of surprised but I totally took it in stride and suggest a trip to Home Depot. I think I shocked J too. 


We got there and all of the trees were already bailed. J thought this was convenient. I thought it was an outrage and joked with another equally outraged customer. How will we know what it looks like?! I chose this little guy because the bottom was peeking out and it looked ok. 

We asked for help tying the tree to the and the guy came out with a roll of shrink wrap. Haha. I'm so sad my battery on my phone died because the process was hilarious. He wrapped through the inside of the car then over the roof tons of times making the car look like Thanksgiving left overs. J refused to use his phone for a picture out of embarrassment. The whole ride home other drivers were gawking and it's a Christmas miracle we didnt cause an accident. 

It all worked out though. Our tree is up, and all decorated and it makes me so happy. The apartment is in a state of chaos because of the great move-in but in one little corner there is a bright calm. I'm in love with this scrawny little tree.




No comments:

Post a Comment