Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Shell-shocked (in a good way)

Last night J and I drove to Brooklyn to pick up the last of my big stuff then spent the rest of the night at the apartment reorganizing his things and trying to find room for my stuff. I was flittering around stuffing stuff here and there and he stopped me with a smile and said, "Hey, are you happy?" It instantly calmed me down...I'm really great at getting myself wound up with the "to do lists." I returned his smile and said, "Are you?" And he said, "Super happy but also feel a little shell-shocked."  Which is exactly how I would describe it. I was actually thinking that very word. This is real now, neither of us can go home to escape one another. Haha



So now, today he's working and I'm in Brooklyn cleaning and getting odds and ends together and it feels so strange to strip yourself out of an apartment to make it look like you were never there. 



I'm almost done, and part of that is putting stuff out on the sidewalk for neighbors to claim. I put a stack of books, my occasionally glitchy copy of National Lampoon Christmas Vacation, some marbles, clay, and a kickball ball. I wish I was going to be here to see what goes first/last. The marbles were snatched up by neighborhood kids within minutes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment