Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

Opera glasses & dresses!

We're going to the Opera! THE OPERA! La Boheme at The Met! I can't contain my excitement or my exclamation points! I can't say I am super knowledgeable about Opera, but I've always wanted to see it live, but it's always so expensive. 


Well we didn't find a huge loop-hole in the expensiveness of opera, but J found a deal for tickets at the top of the Met, and like 3 rows from the back, but I'm so excited.  This means I need a new dress, right? You can't go to THE Opera at THE Met in New York City and wear your Target wardrobe, even if you are sitting in the riff raff section.



Shopping Spree right before holidays, and move, and life?  Not in the budget.  Instead I'm trying Rent the Runway.  They have tons of amazing dresses.  You get to rent for 4 or 8 days, and then you send it right on back in prepaid shipping and they dry-clean.  I love that they have reviews by real people with pics of them wearing the dresses, and also comments like, "couldn't move my arms but I looked great so it didn't matter."

You choose one dress, and your size, then you can get a second of the same dress diff size for free, plus your second dress style is just $32.  I have a friend that's used it a bunch of times, and it seems, great.  I'll have to let you know how it goes...I'm worried I'm going to fall in love with these luxurious gowns and want to burn my target-filled wardrobe.

Here are the two I chose...I'll update once I get them and make a decision.  The short one, I think I'll go black tights and heels to make it less of a cocktail dress, and more dramatic night at the opera.  What do you think? (I used the real person pics v. the model pics)

Slate & Willow - Mae Sequin Shift


Badgley Mischka - Forbidden Territory Gown


No comments:

Post a Comment