Pages

Monday, November 17, 2014

Weekend Update

Good morning! One day closer to another weekend, right?  Phew, thank goodness.  Work has been insane, and I feel like every day is a countdown to the weekend.  Also, when you have a really great weekend, it's hard to move on.  This weekend was perfect, the perfect combination of down time and activities, plus I'm starting to get glimpses that other people are as ready for Christmas as I am.  Sure the stores have displays out, but I really get excited when people start decorating their homes.

Friday night we went to see Major Barbara.  We're members of The Pearl, I feel so cultured saying I am a theater member.  The play was great, but without a ton of time for dinner we were forced to chug a large glass of wine at dinner, and I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open.  No more wine after a long work day and before theater for this girl!


J drove, so we parked at a lot on 42nd street, and there is this car that has been their for years.  J swears that as long as he's been parking there, it's been in the same spot, and judging by the layer of dust, he's right.  I dubbed it Uncle Buck's car, and as I was checking it out, I noticed someone else had a similar idea, and had written, "The 70's are over dude!" in the dust. 
Saturday night J and I stayed in, and I made him watch Home for the Holidays.  It's one of my all time favorite movies, and he is a major movie snob so I always expect him to dislike my movie picks, but he "surprisingly didn't hate it," in his words, and "it's actually a better film than National Lampoon Christmas Vacation." I'm not sure how I feel about that last comment, but it was a cozy evening in. 

Sunday was so cold, but I've been trying to take advantage of the fact that my soon to be apartment is right next to this great aqueduct nature trail.  Humphrey loves it.  It scared me in the summer because of the tick issue.  Humphrey had a few and I just don't know how to deal, but now that it's cold I feel safe again. The leaves are gorgeous.



When I emerged from the nature trail, I was greeted by the Christmas spirit of this dachshund loving household, and it jump started my Christmas cheer. 

I went down to Brooklyn to pick up my Kitchen-aid mixer for some Friendsgiving baking I have going on today, and brought it back in my suitcase.  Good lord that thing is HEAVY, even in a rolling suitcase, it was a beast.  It didn't help that there was subway construction and I had to lug it up countless stairs, but the good  news is that it's here now, AND I brought craft supplies for Christmas crafting! 






No comments:

Post a Comment