Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

I'll miss you (a)Lot 2

As I get ready to leave the neighborhood I've made my home for the past year and a half I'm starting to feel a little sad about the places I won't be able to walk down the block to. Last night J came over and we were trying to decide which of our spots to go to since, as he put it, my "Brooklyn days are numbered." We ended up at Lot 2 which I'm so sad I only discovered early this summer. They have the most delicious menu. The menu is tiny, and usually that worries me. What if there isn't anything I like, but I've never disliked anything there. I always have a hard time deciding what to get, mostly because the one staple on the menu is their burger and I think it is the best burger I've ever tasted. Served with whole grain mustard, ketchup, and mayo on the side (I'm a mustard only girl) and picked onions with bread and butter pickles, it is always cooked perfectly. J's big pet peeve is when you order a burger medium and it comes out medium well or worse (gasp), well done but these guys are pros. It's not unusual to go there and see a family sitting at the large corner table all eating burgers...they're that good.
So last night I had one last Lot 2 burger, and my favorite cocktail there, the father-in-law...kind of like a Manhattan, but I honestly don't know what's in it, it's just so delicious I can't bring myself to branch out. J had an apple and cider stew with carrots, caramelized Brussels Sprouts, and other deliciousness I can't remember. I wish I had taken pictures but we were too busy eating. The whole place is lit with candles and just perfect and glowy for a date night. Then on the way home we stopped at the bakery down the block and got a tiny cheesecake. I'm going to miss this neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment