Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Opera Fancy

Thursday night we went to see Puccini's 'La Boheme' at the Metropolitan Opera in Lincoln Center and it was probably one of my favorite things I've ever seen! The sets were amazing, the music was gorgeous, and I got to dress up, "opera fancy!"  I had so much fun! I even bought a Christmas ornament from the gift shop because it was pretty, and the perfect kind of souvenir in my opinion.  After the show J bought a DVD of the opera, which in his book is the perfect kind of souvenir...to each their own, I collect Christmas, he collects DVDs/Blu-Rays...


Humphrey was none too impressed with my fancy "Jessica Simpson" heels, but I loved them (often her line is strangely gawdy, or oddly proportioned but these heels are def going to be my new go to black heels)

Here are some pictures from our fabulous night!


He hates selfies, but we were so fancy that I made him.  Too bad it was so cold and you couldn't see our outfits.









These chandeliers are incredible, they remind me of glowing snowflakes!

This Rent the Runway dress made me feel so glam, the only problem is that it has a touch of stretch so as the night went on, it got seemingly longer and more dangerous, J kept saying, don't trip, don't trip...

I also fell in love with this clutch, and have to admit that I've been wracking my brain all weekend on how to justify the $400 purchase as a necessity. I am really really really sad to have returned it.





No comments:

Post a Comment